Sunday, June 6, 2010

Already June!

Wow time is sure flying! It's already June! I am now 26 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I have finally started feeling better in the area of nausea! It couldn't have happened at a better time because I was getting so depressed with the prospect of puking constantly all 9 months! My baby girl moves quite a lot and it's so neat to know she is in there! The miracle of conception and pregnancy astounds me!

I remember fondly whenever I talk to people about how "Chloe" was a surprise! During Christmas my dad's girlfriend, Nancy, asked me, "Courtney, when are you and Philip going to have kids?" Well, I had been going through a time where I seriously thought fertility would be an issue for me. I had had some ups and downs thinking, "What if I can't have my own baby?" I remember getting peace about it around that time and responded to her, "Well, that is up to God." Little did I know, when we had that conversation I was already a week or two pregnant!

I never wanted to go through the whole "baby" thing alone without a spouse. I don't know what the next year will bring, but I do know that this pregnancy was God's idea, totally. He knew that Philip's unit would get an early deployment assignment. We were planning for a deployment in February 2011, which is the normal rotation. Philip wasn't told about the summer deployment until late December (again already pregnant and didn't know it!) Deploying this soon after another deployment happens, but is a lot rarer since the Army is trying to give more "dwell time" to the soldiers. It's heartbreaking he will miss the first 10 months, but I know that it will give him something to look forward to and be excited about. I plan on sending him lots of pictures and videos of Chloe and doing video chats via skype whenever possible!

We received another blessing in finding out he will be delayed deployed to be here for the birth. This is up to each unit and company and so we are blessed the Delta company commander believed in family enough to let Philip be here for his first child's birth! I am glad to share this with Philip. He will have to go very soon after she arrives---which will be hard for us both I am sure, but I know that seeing your baby for the first time isn't something you can replace...it's a one time deal! So we are looking forward to this!

The baby's room is finally beginning to take real shape! After giving away a mattress, a huge desk, and selling a treadmill we finally have a room that is 100% devoted to baby stuff!!! It's just piles right now, but I get so excited when I go in there and look at stuff! hehe....We have the crib, we just need to get it put together! The room will start taking more shape in the coming weeks I am sure. I can't wait to post some pictures of the progress!

Blessings,
Courtney

No comments: