Saturday, June 21, 2008

He is gone

Well, the day has come and is almost over. Philip is gone. He will fly for 25 hours to Kuwait and then make his way to Iraq in the next few weeks. This is a hard time for me. We made a lot of good memories before he left. Swimming in the lake, watching movies, and visiting family.

Our A/C went out again, which doesn't exactly help set the current mood. It is currently 91 degrees in the house with windows open and fans on at 8:20 p.m. Our rental company hasn't been overly sympathetic. They don't have to live in the heat so I guess it is easy to separate yourself from the seriousness of it. The A/C repair man told us that this is a problem that the previous renters had and that it is a cheap, old unit that should just be replaced but the owners of this house will not do that until it completely stops working. Until then, we will continue to have substandard air conditioning and even heating in the winter. He said the basic unit just can't keep up with the heat and the size of the house.

I am glad my mom is here, she has been very helpful. It makes this hard time a little better. I have to take each day one at a time. The sting of his absence is hard felt right now. We did so many things together. So it will take a while to get used to him being gone......

That's where I am at right now. I am holding up okay, but could be better.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

hey, I don't know you, but my husband is deployed right now too, so I know what you're going through. It's so hard, but you'll make it. It sounds like you two have a good relationship, try to keep in touch with eachother as much as possible! that's a huge help. and projects help a ton too! i've got a few of mine one, makes the time pass more quickly. will your husband have leave time to come home at all? take care, and I hope you're doing well.
Michelle