Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Update

Well, things are moving along at a nice pace..although, they can't move fast enough for me! I am estimating 14 days until Philip returns, although I hope it is a few days sooner than that! No official word from Philip or the Rear Detachment. Guys are coming home all this week...in fact, all of Philip's company should be home no later than next Monday.

For all of you that don't already know, I put in my two weeks notice and my last day is Friday. My rational was two fold. One, I didn't know any set in stone dates for Philip's return and Walmart makes schedules 3 weeks in advance. Of course, in my mind Philip's return is more important. Plus, Philip will be visiting his family in Oregon/Washington in July and again..Walmart doesn't have a nice "vacation" allowance for part time employees who have been there less than a year. My second reason is I plan to start working towards my alternate teacher certification for the State of Texas and that means if all goes well I will be teaching next year and would like to prepare and relax before teaching full time.

I am looking forward to getting the house ready for Philip's return. I purchased an electric weed eater that I successfully put together and like using!! Also, so excited about another purchase..a "Secretary Console" which shall look nice in my living room area. I got it for $55 which it was originally $219! What a steal! Gotta love Walmart furniture clearance....haha! Now the only dilemma is the lack of a pick up truck or a male person to help...hopefully that will be worked out. ;)

Well, hopefully the next update is the DATE of Philip's return!! Yippee!!!

No comments: