Monday, April 28, 2008

Random stuff

Well, it's been a lovely day here in Killeen. I was just thinking today how much I really love it down here and I am getting so very accustomed to the Army way of life.......-minus deployment of course! In so many ways, I wish I had met Philip sooner....just so that I could have had a year or more with him before he left. Everyday I cherish the man that he is and the husband that he is becoming. A friend of mine and I have talked about "newlywed" life and she coined the term of "new" husband. What a thought.....I am so very lucky to have Philip, the new husband, learning how to put me and my needs so very high on his list of priorities. Perhaps I am also learning quickly how to be a wife.....as time is a commodity that we do not have excess of right now.

Yesterday evening we played Guitar Hero III on his XBOX 360. Boy did we have a great time!!! I found myself engrossed in the songs and loving spending time with him. It's true that when you "give in" a bit and do something your husband loves....you may find yourself getting fulfillment in the process...... ;)~ Everyday I silently pray for God to give me strength to know that Philip is going to be in His hands every step of the 455 days I will not be with him. And I will always thank the Lord for blessing me by bringing Philip into my life.....

No comments: