Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cleaning...

Well, I am so excited....I played a little "game" yesterday and it worked!! For those of you that know this...I struggle with organization and cleaning... this is being brutally honest.....every since I became an official "adult" on my own....cleaning has been the bain of that "freedom"..... well,,,my husband came home and was a little disappointed that the house wasn't spotless... I was proud that it wasn't falling in.....lol! ;) Anyway, we had a morning of lecture and conversation this past Saturday..... Instead of being mad or upset at him or talking negatively in my head about my "problem" or struggle to keep things clean...I took a mirade of advice from various sources... My husband, my mom, several of my "cleanie" friends... and I set the timer for 1 hour about 9:30 a.m. yesterday. I began rinsing dishes and cleaning countertops and organizing our bills...... once the timer went off, I rested for a bit. Then in the afternoon I set the timer again for 1 hour and began working on vacuuming the floor and dusting and mopping the entry way... Needless to say the timer went off and I was still working! I was empowered... I cooked dinner and had it ready when my husband walked in at 7 p.m. from work. He was all smiles and I felt good about myself!

No comments: