Monday, May 5, 2008

Stuff

Well, the "birds" are gone....on their way to Iraq. Birds are the helicopters Philip works on. Most everything is gone from work, he is just getting the last odds and ends done.

We have had some hard decisions to make about where I will be living while he is gone. Of course, this is really my decision and I can be quite indecisive at times. So I guess I really don't have anything finalized, but I plan on staying in Killeen. I like it here and it has become my home.

We were thinking of making an offer on a home. It was an excellent starter home which needed some cosmetic work like carpet and paint job. It has a huge back yard with a pasture as the only back "neighbor". It sure reminded me of a home in Kansas..... open spaces and the whole country feel. It was located in a nice, calm neighborhood. Well, it was a VA Repossessed home and the simultaneous offers ended May 4, 2008 at midnight. Well, needless to say, Philip and I had little understanding on buying a home and when we called the realtor told us we probably wouldn't have time to get in offer in. All we needed was a Pre-Qualification letter, but I didn't know what else was needed. Trust me, I really was looking forward to doing this. I had priced carpet and labor and had got about 15 library books on home improvement and home buying. Vendee financing was available, which has added benefits like no down payment required. It was hard realizing that even though we could easily afford the $550 a month payments, we missed the boat because of lack of knowledge about the home buying process.

I didn't renew our lease here at the current house, but I think I will call and ask them if we can renew it anyway. This house is an okay place to live. The carpet is rough and the walls are bland. But, I guess I can live with it.

The A/C broke this past Friday and we were without it during some of the hottest days we have had. I just opened the windows and tried to get circulation, but there was not much.

No comments: