Saturday, February 28, 2009

New year, new job

Well, for those of you who don't know, I have joined the working ranks again....WAL-MART. Ummm...It is okay. The only complaint I really have is that it kills my back and my FEET. Basically you twist and turn and STAND so much. Other than that, the job is very easy. Today was the first full day since Payday. Now, payday is a big day anywhere, but for an Army town, PAYDAY is a big deal...trust me, I know...LOL! I checked out a woman with three little screaming kids who had THREE, count em, THREE carts full of food (mostly junk food...LOL), clothes, and random stuff. Talk about working your booty off! Today was the first day I truly "felt" it...meaning, that I felt that I truly, truly was working and couldn't run and hide...haha...no I am dead serious...part of me wanted to tear up a bit...but that's what being an adult is all about right? I also had individuals with 2 carts full of stuff....oh and a lady who was grouchy mean and when I didn't give her money back, because she didn't click "cash back" called me a "dumb B*&T$" when she walked away.... Obviously, I can't give back money, when she clearly didn't click it....my register would be off and it wasn't charged to her card.

The job really isn't that bad..the people I work with are really nice. They are helpful and I do not feel "singled" out for being new. I do feel a sense of accomplishment getting up everyday and going in to work. I can't say it is my "dream" job...but it is a job.

On another note: Philip will be home in 4 months!!!!!!!! I cannot contain my joy. I miss him sooooo much! :)

No comments: