Monday, April 27, 2009

The Great Design Challenge

Sooo...I have been watching HGTV and reading DIY Magazine a lot. It never occurred to me that this was something I could actually do for my own place! I have been pretty concerned with getting the house spotless and organized before Philip returns. I have done little projects here and there in the lines of organization and cleaning consistency...but have been giving a lot of thought to actually adding some color and design to our living room and bedroom as a little "Surprise!". Of course, Philip is the typical male. He isn't all that concerned by what is on the walls of the house as long as it has 4 walls and a roof in which he can sleep and take leisurely baths. However, I think redesigning these two "hot" spots with dramatic change the look of things and add another dimension to our "home". There are limits to what I can do...since I am in a rental.

I really don't have my own sense of style. So, I think it will be fun to see what inexpensive and creative things I can do and use to "paint" the canvas of the empty walls. If you have any ideas or suggestions...let me know!!! :) I'm getting really excited about having a crisp, clean house to present Philip with!! Something he and I can be proud of and entertain and show off!!

No comments: